Friday, August 08, 2008

12 Things I Love About Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog

1) The ending.

2) Remembering how good Joss Whedon is at writing tragicomic musicals.

3) Being so long from the Whedon narrative loop that I totally didn't see the twist in the final act. I should have, I really should have, but I didn't until it was too late.

4) At which point I gasped, watched through to the end, then went "[Sigh] Yeah!"

5) Neil Patrick Harris. We knew how good a comic actor he was from "How I met Your Mother", but this just takes it to a whole new level.

6) Nathan Fillion. Nice to see him play a jerk. Well, I mean a different type of jerk. The "no redeeming features" kind.

7) The guy in the pink superhero spandex, sitting on the bed, wearing pink boxing gloves.

8) Did I mention the end?

9) The fact that it began out of the Hollywood writer's strike as an opportunity to prove that the major media companies were becoming irrelevant. If anyone has a reason to tell the networks to go stuff themselves it's Whedon.

10) The fact that Felicia Day was doing her own web series about World of Warcraft. And it rocks. And that she walked up to Joss with her card and said "watch it". And particularly that he replied "I already do. And it's great. And I'm thinking fo doing something for the internet."

11) Moist. Man, that sucks as a super-villain power.

12) And what about that ending!




Sing along at home.

No comments: