Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Play Again Games : Monopoly Home Rules

Via the always interesting PlasticBag.org

I've always been a Monopoly fan, ever since I was a kid. It was one of those wonderful, family-gathering type events, with my dad, granddad and brothers huddled around a table enjoying beating each other.

That said, I've always been a purist with the rules. No putting the Tax payments in the centre of the board and collecting on "Free Parking" for me, nosiree. But with this list of alternative rules for the game all that may change.

Rule: A player must roll two dice on his turn, but may select any two dice from a set of four sided, six sided, eight sided, and ten sided dice.
Reason: Gives players some control over movement. Players may wish to role two four sided dice at the beginning, since they have a better chance of getting doubles and going again, and then later roll two ten sided dice to move around the board quickly. Larger dice decrease the chance for doubles and thus tend to balance the game.

Finally! An excuse to use my RPG dice in a mainstream game!
:-)

No comments: