Thursday, September 07, 2006

lonelygirl15 vs traditional media

Man, that's almost too good a title to just leave sitting there like that, but that's exactly what I'm going to do. No explanation, opinion or comment, I'm just linking to this short piece by Jeff Jarvis so I can find it again later.


[Edit] Some more links to Lonelygirl15 stuff at PBS' Media Shift.



[Edit part deux] Dagnabbit. I should have known this whole thing would come to a head while I was away for the weekend. The whole thing is revealed, through Internet investigation, to be a production created by a small company whose purpose is to create an era of interactive storytelling where the line between “fan” and “star” has been removed, and dedicated fans like yourselves are paid for their efforts.

Initial response tends to indicate the punters are not happy.

Pheh, viewers. You just can't please them.

No comments: