Monday, March 28, 2005

"I wanna be a movie star!!!"

Have I mentioned how much I love "We Make Money Not Art"? It always has such great stuff on it I can't get enough. Whether it's "Electrified Wood", an environmental logging defence alarm triggered by crickets, Wearable Furniture, Early Japanese Typewriters, A House Powered by, of all things, Spinach, Autonomous Outdoor Cleaning Robots or Self Assembling Machines.

But by far my favourite new post for today has to be this one.

Go To The Cinema And Star In The Film You're About To See

As part of Expo 2005 in Aichi Japan, The Mitsui-Toshiba Pavillion is showing an entirely digitally created film. "Big Deal," I hear you scoff, "it's been done before." The twist on this one is that before entering the cinema, each member of the audience has their face scanned. The facial information is then placed on the blank faces of the characters in the movie, creating a film populated by the people watching it.




No comments: